Whether you are a construction worker or spend most of the day in an office, you risk suffering from a work-related injury. When injuries occur, it’s essential to know where to get treatment. Delaying a personal injury sustained in the workplace not only keeps you away from work but subjects you to pain and a diminished quality of life.
Thankfully, if you have a work-related injury, you can get relief from chiropractic care. At Olson Bros Chiropractic, we treat all types of work injuries. Book an appointment today, and relief will be around the corner. Following are the answers to several questions we frequently receive regarding work injuries.
How do Injuries Occur in the Workplace?
Most injuries occur as a result of:
- Lifting heavy objects
- Falls and slips
- Faulty equipment
- Repetitive movement
- Falling objects
What are Some Common Work-Related Injuries?
Here are the common injuries you are likely to sustain in the workplace:
- Sprains and strains: Falls, slips, and awkward twists can cause injuries to your ligaments and tendons, causing pain, swelling, and stiffness.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: Continued use of the wrist (for instance, through constant typing) can compress the median nerve, causing wrist pain, tingling, and numbness.
- Back and neck pain: Whiplash can occur if an impact causes your head to snap back and forth, causing micro-tears in your neck’s ligaments and tendons. Accidents in the workplace may also injure the nerves, joints, and muscles in the neck and back.
- Herniated disc: Work injuries can cause your spinal discs to shift out of position, pressing a nearby nerve, which leads to pain and tingling.
- Shoulder injuries: Work activities can cause shoulder injuries such as a torn rotator cuff, frozen shoulder, and a dislocated shoulder.
You shouldn’t continue wallowing in pain if you have a work injury. Instead, book an appointment with a chiropractor for pain relief.
How Does a Chiropractor Help with Work Injuries?
Chiropractic care uses non-invasive remedies to treat the root cause of the injury. Common chiropractic treatments for work injuries include:
- Spinal manipulation: Aligning the spinal joints reduces pressure on the spinal nerves, reducing pain.
- Massage therapy: If you have sore muscles, massage therapy reduces tension by increasing blood circulation in the injured areas.
- Cold laser therapy: If you have sprains and strains, we use lasers to speed up healing, reducing pain and inflammation.
- Spinal decompression: We use a specialized table to create spaces in your vertebrae column, lifting pressure off the spinal nerves.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor for Work Injury Treatment
Are you missing work because of a work-related injury? You don’t have to continue living in pain. Instead, please book an appointment with Olson Bros Chiropractic for pain relief. We serve many regions, including Roseville, St. Anthony, New Brighton, and Northeast Minneapolis, MN. Call us today at (651) 633-0155 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.