Upper back pain is a common problem in Roseville MN. Understanding the causes of upper back pain and recognizing the symptoms can help patients know when it's time to seek chiropractic care. Seeking treatment from an experienced chiropractor can help improve quality of life and prevent upper back pain in the future.
Causes of Upper Back Pain
There are many reasons that people experience upper back pain in Roseville MN. Some of the most common causes of upper back pain include:
- Stress. Stress and anxiety can cause muscles to become tight, leading to pain in the shoulders, upper back, and neck.
- Ergonomic trouble. Ergonomic problems like sitting in a non-neutral position during the workday can lead to upper back pain.
- Car accident injury. Car accidents can result in whiplash, herniated discs, and subluxations, all of which can cause upper back pain.
- Muscle overuse. Overusing the muscles during intense physical activities can cause pain and muscle strain.
Symptoms of Upper Back Pain
There are many symptoms of upper back pain, including:
- Pain radiating up and down the spine, into the neck and in the shoulders.
- Muscle stiffness in the shoulders and neck.
- Limited range of motion.
Treatments for Upper Back Pain in Roseville MN
There are many different techniques that chiropractors use to treat upper back pain. Unlike conventional pain medications, these techniques treat pain at its source. Some of the most common techniques we use at Olson Bros Chiropractic include:
- Spinal adjustment. This technique involves manipulation of the vertebrae to eliminate subluxations and reduce pressure on the spinal cord.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy is a technique that improves blood flow to injured areas and helps speed the healing process for patients. Massage therapy can also reduce the stress that causes muscle tension and upper back pain.
- Stretches and exercises. Stretches and exercises can help patients loosen their muscles before engaging in physical activity, which can help patients avoid injuries and pain.
- Lifestyle advice. Many patients experience upper back pain because of their own daily habits and lifestyle choices. Lifestyle advice helps patients avoid activities that can lead to pain and injury.
- Spinal decompression. Spinal decompression creates a negative pressure or vacuum around the vertebrae. This technique is used to pop herniated discs back into place.
At Olson Bros Chiropractic, we use these techniques and others based on the needs of the patient. Visits to the chiropractor start with a consultation to help us determine the best techniques for the patient's unique needs.
Contact Your Roseville Chiropractor for Upper Back Pain
As your chiropractor in Roseville, Olson Bros Chiropractic can help heal your injuries and avoid upper back pain. We use all natural, non-invasive techniques to help our patients. To make an appointment for a consultation spinal adjustment, contact us today at (651) 633-0155.