Your Resource for Sports Injury Treatment in Roseville
If sports were easy, everybody would be an Olympian. Athletic endeavors frequently involve pushing the human body to its limits -- and when those limits are surpassed, sports injuries are the all-too-common result. Whether you play the occasional game of touch football or you train for major events on a regular basis, acute or chronic injuries can eject you from the game you love.
But that doesn't necessarily mean you have to resort to major surgery or other drastic answers. Conservative care can relieve your injury pain and put you on the fast track to healing. Here at Olson Bros Chiropractic, we're proud to serve as your source for sports injury treatment in Roseville.
Types and Causes of Sports Injuries
The human musculoskeletal system can be pushed beyond its normal capacity in any number of ways. Some of the sports injuries most frequently seen at our chiropractic clinic include:
- Acute sprains and strains - A sprain is a stretched ligament, while a strain is a torn/pulled muscle or tendon. These injuries can occur when joints encounter extreme forces, such as a "turned" ankle or a knee subjected to lateral forces while supporting your weight.
- Spinal injuries - Whiplash isn't just an auto accident injury; it can happen on the playing field as well. A punishing tackle or wrestling fall can send your head flying sharply enough to strain your neck and disrupt your cervical vertebral alignment. A similar jolt to the lower back may cause herniated lumbar discs and sciatica symptoms.
- Overuse injuries - repeated tennis serves, golf swings and other demanding moves can cause micro-tears in soft tissues. If these tears accumulate faster than they can heal, the resulting chronic inflammation is considered an overuse injury. You may also experience bursitis, inflammation of the sacs that prevent friction in joints.
Chiropractic Care and Other Natural Treatment Options
Before you present yourself to an orthopedic surgeon, try the non-invasive healing solutions available at Olson Bros Chiropractic. Our team of practitioners can study your musculoskeletal system carefully to determine exactly what's going wrong. We can then correct that problem through techniques such as:
- Chiropractic adjustments, including extremity adjustments, to ease tennis elbow, golfer's elbow and other overuse injuries
- Cervical extension-compression traction to take the pinch-off of pinched nerves
- Massage therapy to speed healing and relieve pain in injured soft tissues
- Corrective exercises to help you rehabilitate an injury and get your full strength/flexibility back
- Cold laser therapy to stimulate tissue regeneration and reduce inflammation
We can prescribe a personalized mix of these and other techniques to suit your specific injury.
Ready to Schedule Sports Injury Treatment in Roseville?
If it's high time you took yourself off "injured reserve" and got back in the game, then do it the safe, non-surgical, non-pharmaceutical way. Contact Olson Bros Chiropractic at (651) 633-0155 to schedule an initial consultation and evaluation so we can provide you with the necessary sports injury treatment in Roseville!